Sunday 8 October 2017

Album Art

This following exercise was done in preparation for the digipak and magazine advert, that goes along with the music video. I completed this exercise on Adobe Photoshop which I have had some previous experience with and so this exercise allowed me to enhance and refresh my skills with this program.
Solo Artist
The first album cover is for a solo artist. I was inspired for this album cover by the album 'My World 2.0' by Justin Bieber. The cover features the artists face and name as the focal point of the album as he is the selling point and then the title is underneath in a smaller font. To create the album I first deleted to background of the photo then I made the photo black and white and changed the brightness and contrast to fit with the gradient background of the album. Lastly I added the name of the album and artist.
Boy band Album
The second album cover is for a boy band. I was inspired for this album cover by the album 'Parallel Lines' by Blondie. The cover features the group together  as the focal point of the album and the name of the band and album above them, it also has the black and white stripes in the background to help it stand out. To create the album I first deleted to background of the photo then I made the photo black and white and changed the brightness and contrast to fit with the gradient background of the album then I linked the layers together and changed the filter to 'Texturizer'. Lastly I added the title and name of the band above.


Indie Album

This is the last album cover I did and it was for an indie album. For this album I had less of a focus on the artist and more on the art by not having their face shown and having their name in a significantly smaller font then the album title. I did this because many album covers for indie arts don't feature the artist on it at all because they are generally unknown and therefore not a huge selling point so instead they have to attract an audience with a unique looking album cover as shown in the example above. For this photo I didn't have to edit it too much as many indie albums have a focus on nature which this photo already includes. I added the filter 'Water Paper' to the picture to make it look almost like a sketch, I then changed the brightness and contrast to what I thought looked appealing and I ended it by adding the albums and artists name to the album.



No comments:

Post a Comment