Thursday 21 December 2017

Production Meeting 4

In this final meeting I had finished all of my planning documents and now had to go over these plans with the person I was going to get to act in my video I discussed which days would be most suitable to shoot the video, to best fit their schedule and I went over the songs lyrics and the basic idea I had for the video.

I also thought about my digipak and magazine advert. I figured that it would be a good idea to take some pictures during the process of filming so that the person starring in my video could appear on the digipak with the same look that appears in the video, linking the digipak to my music video.


I liked the cover of 'The Legend of Johnny Cash,' and felt that it does well at reflecting the tone of my album cover as well. The shot of the lone man suits the theme of 'feeling isolated' that my song was going for.

When thinking about my magazine advert I came across some inspiration from the cover of Max Landis' 'Superman: American Alien'. I thought that by having a 'mugshot' of the artist it would be a unique way of having the artist and all the information (on the black board) which needed to be shown. Having it as a mugshot helps it to stand out from conventional magazine adverts and appeals to a 'rebellious youth' audience. I may also emulate the black and white effect with the remaining colour in the eyes as I feel it adds depth to the image and makes the image distinctive.

No comments:

Post a Comment