Tuesday 14 November 2017

Choosing the Track

When planning my song I had a few different genres that I was thinking about doing, I was deciding between doing indie, hard rock or heavy metal. I decided that indie would be best for the narrative style video that I wanted to do.


I first tried to choose the track 'Ain't no rest for the wicked' by the band Cage the Elephant. I thought the song was a good fit and did think of a video for the song but the official music video for the song had around 25 million views and so the video would easily get taken down for copyright.


I then went onto YouTube and saw video that came up as recommended based on the Cage The Elephant video I watched. Eventually I found the song 'It's a Job' by the band 'Wolfie's Just Fine'. I saw that the video had a narrative story similar to the one I wanted to tell. I saw that the video had only 500 thousand views, giving it a much less likely chance of getting taken down, and I also preferred this song to my original choice and this is how I chose the track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment