Wednesday 15 November 2017

Initial Ideas

I originally came up with some ideas for my video of the song 'It's a Job,' by the band Wolfie's Just Fine. I was inspired by the lyrics of the song and also the genre of the song when thinking the style of video I wanted. I looked at some other videos of the same genre that could inspire my final video.


My first idea for my video to be illustrative of the lyrics much like the video for 'Riptide' by 'Vance Joy'. I was going to illustrate and slightly amplify the lyrics of the song and making the video abstract though I decided against this because I wanted to make a narrative based video, as I felt I could do more with that style of video, and I also did not think I could be as creative with the lyrics of my song as the original video for 'Riptide' was.


When searching for videos for indie songs I saw the video for the song 'Home' by the band 'Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeroes.' I enjoyed this video and feel like I will take some of the video as inspiration for my final video such as some of the shots and also the effect that makes the video feel like a 'home video' as I feel that this style fits the indie music video feel. The only problem is that this video is performance based and I still needed to come up with a story for a narrative based video.


I came up with a story for my narrative video, which is heavily inspired by the story for 'Walk' by the 'Foo Fighters'. The inspiration came from the title of my song 'It's a Job' and the reason it links to the video for 'Walk' is because the story of that video follows a man who is frustrated with his job and life and has a breakdown, in the end he plays with his band and is then caught by the police.


My video will be slightly similar but will take a more serious tone compared to the comedic tone 'Walk' has. Also the story has a man who is frustrated with his job and life, much like in 'Walk', but unlike 'Walk' the man goes to live in the woods and adapt to nature until finally going back to his old life.

No comments:

Post a Comment