Tuesday 7 November 2017

Shot Variety & Pace (Foo Fighters Animatic)

In preparation for the making of a music video we researched the techniques, shot types and variety and the editing speed used in a real music video. We used the music video for the song 'The Pretender' by the Foo Fighters and created a storyboard of all the shots of the first 45 seconds of the video, I then edited those pictures together in Premiere Pro to create an animatic.

I cut the images to be the same length as the shots in the real music to match the pace of the video. This task gave me a better understanding on how you accurately plan shots and storyboard for my final music video and also gave me practice in editing fast cuts to the beat. Lastly this also gave me an idea on how long a shot usually lasts and the variety of shots there are in real music videos. I will now be able to transfer this knowledge to when I am making my own music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment